General Bond Requirements:
- Erosion Control Bond
- Required for ALL commercial projects involving land disturbance. Bond amount is $3,000 per disturbed acre or portion thereof.
- Bond shall be written by a State of Alabama licensed surety company and should not include an expiration date.
- Bond may be required by the city for up to one year after issuance of Certificate of Occupancy (CO) by the Building Inspections Dept. Under certain circumstances, bonds may be released prior to the expiration of the one-year period.
- Construction must have passed its final inspection, as performed by the Engineering Department, before the project is eligible for a bond release.
- ADEM Permit required for the following land disturbance activities:
- Land disturbance equal to or greater than one acre.
- Land disturbance involving less than one acre but part of a common plan of development or sale equal to or greater than one acre.
- To post a new erosion control bond or to request release of an existing bond, please complete the appropriate form shown below:
- Tree Conservation Bond
- Required for all new commercial projects and may be required when making an addition to an existing structure. Bond amount equals 110% of the value of the landscaping and irrigation contract(s).
- Bond shall be written by a surety company licensed to do business in the State of Alabama and should not include an expiration date.
- Bond is required to remain on file for one year after the issuance of Certificate of Occupancy (CO) by the Building Inspections Dept. After one (1) year and upon request of the bond Surety, the landscape shall be re-inspected. If the landscape is determined to be substantially in compliance, with plants viable, the bond can be released.
- To post a new tree conservation bond or to request release of an existing bond, please complete the appropriate form shown below:
- Amounts are set by the Hoover Planning and Zoning Commission based upon each specific situation and the City Engineer’s recommendation.
- Under certain circumstances, Subdivision Bond amounts may be reduced thereafter.
- To request release of an existing subdivision bond, please complete the following form - Subdivision Bond RELEASE Agreement
Please contact the Hoover Engineering Dept. with questions. (205) 444-7529